While the winter teaches us to turn inward and take stock, summer frees us to shine bright and bloom. Summer is an important season for enhancing emotional, physical and mental health. It’s a chance to replenish after long, cold nights and arduous weather, an opportunity to enjoy the fruits of the earth for important nutrition and energy, and a crucial time for basking in the warmth and moving the body so that you can detox and make room for new and better things.
Since summer gives us an opportunity to be out in nature more often, it’s the best time to reconnect with Mama Earth and soak in all the grounding and nurturing energy you need for the year ahead.
To make the most of this summer, check out our top 20 things to do to reconnect with nature and reap the benefits of the season.
Pick two or three to do every week and get ready to celebrate your best summer ever!
1. Sit or lay down in the grass and daydream
2. Make some homemade lemonade or watermelon juice and share it with family or neighbors
3. Find the perfect tree to read under
4. Go to a florist and create your own colorful bouquet of flowers
5. Start a small herb garden in your backyard or balcony
6. Wear a brightly colored outfit you normally wouldn’t wear
7. Learn about the 5 most common plants that grow in your neighborhood and try to find them
8. Meditate outdoors
9. Watch the sunrise AND the sunset in the same day
10. Try out a new outdoor hobby and make one new friend
11. Get far enough away from the city to see the stars
12. Tour a local farm and ask questions
13. Float on the sea
14. Learn three new recipes that make use of fruits and vegetables that are in season
15. Get on a bike and discover a new route
16. Visit something in town you’ve been meaning to go to all year
17. Arrange a potluck picnic with your friends
18. Go horseback riding
19. Rediscover a childhood activity you’ve long left behind
20. Reconnect with an old friend
What would you add to our list?
Wishing you the most delicious and revitalizing summer ever!