Information We may Collect from You
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Personal information including, for example, your name; home or business address; e-mail address; telephone, wireless or fax number; short message service or text message address or other wireless device address; instant messaging address; credit or debit card or other payment information; demographic information or other information that may identify you as an individual or allow online or offline contact with you as an individual.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms through the Site or App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site or App, subscribing to the Site or App, and posting material to the Site. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem to us with the Site or App.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site and App.
- Details of your visits to the Site and use of Site or App including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Facebook profile information if you choose to log in to the Site or App through Facebook.
If you sign up to receive email newsletters from us we will use the information you give us to provide the services you have requested. If you inform us that you wish to cancel email newsletters we will remove you from our mailing list and your details will be deleted from our records.
When we provide access to the Site and App, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. This sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your computer or mobile device. These include small files known as cookies. These cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve the Site and App for you through, for example:
- Enabling the Site or App to recognize your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task.
- Recognizing that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested.
- Measuring how many people are using the Site or App, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
Although your browser may be set up to allow the creation of cookies, you can specify that you be prompted before a site puts a cookie on your hard disk, so that you can decide whether to allow or disallow the cookie. Alternatively, you can set your computer not to accept any cookie. The Site and App do not support browser do not track signals.
The Site uses Flurry Analytics code to gather statistical information. Flurry Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the Site and the volumes of usage of the Site and App. This to ensure that the Site and App are available when you want them and are fast. For more information on how Flurry Analytics processes this information, visit http://www.flurry.com/solutions/analytics.
During your use of the Site and App, you may notice some cookies that are not related to us or the Site and App. This happens when you visit a page with content embedded from a third party or use some of the links to social networking sites. These websites may place cookies on your computer.
The Site and App do not control how a third party uses their cookies. You should check these third party websites’ privacy policies for more information about their cookies if you are concerned about this.
Log files allow us to record your use of the Site and App. Our administrative team puts together log file information from all our users, which we use to make improvements to the layout of the Site and App and to the information on the Site and App, based on how users use the Site and App. Log files do not contain any personal information about you.
If you receive the HTML-formatted version of an email newsletter, your opening of the newsletter email may be notified to us and saved. Your clicks on links in the newsletter may also be saved. These and the open statistics are used in aggregate form to give us an indication of the popularity of the content and to help us make decisions about future content and formatting.
Confidentiality and Security
Any information you provide will be held securely and in accordance with applicable privacy laws. Except as described under Disclosure of Your Information below, we do not provide your personal information to any third party without your specific consent.
Where we Store Your Personal Information
All information you provide to us through the Site and App is stored on our secure servers located in the United States of America. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site and App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Site and App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Access to Personal Information
You may access your personal information at any time via your online account, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the Akasha help desk and providing the correct user name and password information. We capture the following information for our subscribers:
- Unique (customizable) user name and password.
- Name, address and credit card billing information.
- Time spent on the Site and App, including topics selected.
- To request the deletion of your personal data that we have on file please email us at email@example.com.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content provided by the Site and App is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, unless you have requested that we not provide this information as described under Your Rights below.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Site and App, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to the Site and App.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries and affiliates.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- In some circumstances, based on your specific requests, we may need to disclose your personal information to a third party so that they can provide a service you have requested from such party, or fulfill a request for information from such party. It is the responsibility of any third party that you authorize to receive data to protect that information in accordance with applicable laws, and use it only to provide the services or information you have requested.
- If our service providers (like hosting or payment service providers) require this information to provide services to the Site and App.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our agreements with you; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The Site and App are designed for persons 18 years of age and older. If you are under the age of 18, please do not attempt to access or use the Site or App. If you believe that we may have collected any personal information from a person under 18, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can delete this information.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by following the opt-out instruction in the marketing material you receive or by contacting us at any time by email at email@example.com.
The Site and App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or their policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Akasha has the apple health kit integrated within the app solely to detect the heart rate during the sessions. It will review your heart rate with progress, and notify the user of their heart rate condition as per meditation.